Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Little Red Dots

Today is my 3rd day on having high fever ( 37.9C-41.0C). Whilst my other blogger friends are enjoying their holidays on the rest of the world, but me... most likely, going to spend my whole next two weeks becoming a prisoner of my own home, all thanks to the little red dots.

I had high fever since last Saturday. I thought it was just a mild fever. Later that night i was in a terrible 'state'. My temperature shot up from 37.2C to 38.9C. It was 4 am in the morning. The next morning ( Sunday ) i still woke up and went to work as usual. Crazy me.

At my work place i cant really concentrate. So i decided to go home. I felt so weak and very dizzy. I called up my boss and informed her that I wanted to see the doctor for a medical check-up.

On my way home, i stopped by the Pharmacy and bought some panadols ( paracetamol ). Once i reached home, I felt so cold and was actually shivering. I checked my body temperature and it was 39.9C. So i decided to go to a nearby clinic.

Only there that i found out I was infected with Chicken pox !!
Now I am on 2 weeks medical leave...and the little red dots didn't stop there. It struck on every parts of my body. Even my genital parts were not spared by the virus.

Today i learned and discovered my 2nd and 3rd members of the family have got the same signs and symptoms of the viral infection.

Well if i were given the opportunity to choose...I would prefer to work than to sit at home with these itchy nasty little red dots. It's isnt fun at all.

3 Shooters:

Blogger Richard said...

Uh-oh, there seems to be an epidemic going around Singapore.

I had them when I was a kid (and measles and mumps). I found that soaking in cold water with baking soda was helpful to relieve the itching.

Now-a-days, I would try taking antihistamines to help with the itching.

Stay cool and take care of yourself. Soon you will be back to normal again.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Coffee Fairy v1 said...

Awwww, you take care Pare and get well soon. I know how hard that could be, I had chicken pox when I was in 6th grade and I still have a couple of scars from the marks so better be careful not to scratch them (yes, it's really tempting to scratch when it itches but you know...) Get well soon!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Prince,

I hope you'll recover soon and enjoy the fresh air and ur normal life quick...

What a pity to ur 2 other family members, too bad they cant avoid it cos the virus is in the air..

And, i got to know that most of my friends childrens are having it too, maybe its 'the season' for it..hee

Anyways get well soon.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home